This wiki contains a subset of the information that is included in our internal wiki for event teams. This should help you to get an idea of what is involved in organising such an event. Some information is very detailed to make sure that important things are not forgotten. Don't let that intimidate you.
If you would like to add new articles, comment existing ones, or round off existing ones, please use our forum or contact us directly via e-mail. Summary articles that are better suited for this public wiki than the detailed full ones are very welcome!
You can always return to this page by pressing the home page icon, which is the leftmost icon of the wiki icon bar above.
Table of Contents
- Bid process: How a new Warpstock Europe is selected
- Bid submission outline: What information to include in the formal application for becoming an event team
- Finding an event location: Criteria and search help
- Pictures of event location: Purpose and recommendations
- Catering: Providing food at the event
- Graphics: Purpose and requirements for logo, banner, header image, favicon
- Advertising: Placing ads in printed media, on web sites, etc.
- Announcements: PR strategy, content, announcement templates
- Visitor information: What visitors need to know
- Exhibitor information: What visitors need to know
- Speaker information: What speakers need to know
- Agenda: Assembling a decent agenda, dealing with speakers and exhibitors
- Schedule: How to plan the presentation timetable
- Accomodation: At the event site or outside, special arrangements
- Travelling: Instructions for visitor on how to reach the event
- Registration: Fees, giving visitors the opportunity to commit
- Security: Anti-criminal measures at the event location
- Roles: The different areas of responsibility in the event team