Requirements for food:
- Warm lunch, meaning a full meal, not just a soup or a sausage and a roll.
- Warm and cold beverages have to be available at all times, at least coffee and mineral water
- Breakfast and optional dinner if accomodation is on-site
- Availability of alternatives for special dietary requirements like vegetarian, kosher, etc.
- Usually have to be arranged a certain time prior to the event
- Visitors have to announce special requirements
- At least half-way decent quality. Test yourself if possible. This tends to be an issue in youth hostels and at universities.
- Decent price/performance ratio. Visitors will be very annoyed if they have to pay 5 EUR for a sausage and a roll.
- Do meals have to be ordered until a deadline?
- Who handles ordering of meals?
- If event team, make registration option available
- If event location, provide information on web site
- Do you want to offer beverages, cookies in breaks?
- Who pays?
- Possible in commission?